Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Various reactions

It's interesting to see how people react to various types of unexpected news. Recently, i've had the good fortune of getting various types or reactions from people around me when i informed them the "I am getting married". Here are a few scenarios. (names will be changed to protect the identity of those who wish to remain anonymous)






Scenario 1:

I was on leave from work that day and i was making arrangements to do certain important things e.g. meeting my future in-laws for the first time. Therefore i needed to explain to colleagues why i had to maybe leave early and for this particular time, i was not able to stay till the very end of a photoshoot session of my client which was supposed to end rather late at night.

ME: Hello!
Colleague: Hi! How are you?

Ok la, i cant remember the whole conversation but we updated each other on work stuff and then....

ME: Hey, i dont think i can stay till the very end of the photoshoot.
Colleague: Can, can no problem. ( Didn't even ask why - a bit the Weird right??)
ME: Actually, i have to tell you. I met someone and we are settling down. I am getting married.
Colleague: HUH??!! Are you serious? Are you sure?
ME: hahahahaha...yes yes i am sure. i will tell you all about it.
Colleague: Okay..... (sounding very speechless)

After this the conversation ended very quickly because my colleague had to attend to something. After about one hour my phone rang, it was my colleague.

ME: Hello
Colleague: Hi. Now i can talk. I am still in shock of what you told me
ME: Hahahaha. Yeah i know it happened so fast.
Colleague: Ok my first PR reaction is are you sure but my actual reactions is "ARE YOU CRAZY??"
ME: Hahahaha..

Oh well that was that! Cool reaction isnt it.

Scenario 2:

I went over to my sister place just to say hi but my real intention was to tell her i am getting married. We talked usual talk, how are you etc etc..talking about her children etc. Then, she posts me "the question".

Penji: So, seeing anyone? (Usually the answer she gets is NO - i'm too busy)
ME: Well, as a matter of fact yes i am
Penji : (Looking interested and eyes wide open) Oh, interesting. is it serious??
ME: Yes it is very serious. And you can expect good news
Penji : (Now at the edge of her chair looking as if she is about to fall off) Really? How serious?
ME: He proposed
Penji: (Screams a really shrill scream) And? What did you say?
ME: I say YES of course la!
Penji: (Screams even louder and her kids come running asking her what is wrong). Oh my God, Oh my God.

And then, she cried and hugged me so tight i think it affected my blood circulation a bit.

So, there you go! Two scenarios.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hhaha... I think i know the first scene!

It was absolutely shocking!!!

But now that we have digested it, its okay... Gosh cant wait for Dec!!!

Desiree Kaur said...

Yeah i know it was shocking. Believe it or not, i too was shocked! hahaha