Friday, January 23, 2009

Proud daugther & sister!

Well i think let's give the wedding stuff a rest. The next most eventful moment took place last weekend. Over the years as I was studying, it was always i who was in the limelight - passing my exams, going for my convocation(s) - for diploma and degree and each time my parents and even my sister would be the ones in the audience, proud of my achievements.

On 18th January 2009, it was triple joy and celebration for me. For the first time, it was me seated in the audience at a convocation ceremony but it was even more special because it was not just to celebrate the success of one person but three people. Yes, it was Daddy, Mummy and Penji (my sister) who were receiving their diplomas. Held at the Sime Darby Convention Centre it was a unique experience for us who were attending. I was seated with my husband, brother-in-law and two nephews.

The three of them had signed up for Diploma in TESOL (Teaching English to Students of Other Languages) at Brickfields Asia College. I watched them as they went through their course and was even designated driver at times when they went to classes and did assignments. It brought back such memories of my own days at college but it was so unique to see my mom and sister doing assignments together.





Congratulations Daddy, Mummy and Penji. You made it! I am so proud of all three of them and there are no words to describe the warm feeling within me as I saw them up on stage receiving their scrolls. To some its just a diploma, but for me, this is a great achievement on the part of my parents being in their 50's and even my sister who is a mother of 2. This is definitely one of those precious moments which I shall never forget.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I enjoyed your blog. Do write more.