Thursday, April 26, 2007

PR is not all about "parties" or "events"

Once again I emphasize how fantastic it is to be HOME! It's a public holiday today and I did absolutely nothing all day! The change seems to be doing me a lot of good. Nevertheless, work is extremely challenging. I do feel the pressure pretty often these days and I hope soon I will be able to meet expectations and later on, exceed it.
Most people seems to misunderstand the concept of Public Relations. It isn't "organising parties" or "events" as some people would think. It's a lot more than that. Not only do you need a creative mind, but a flair for writing is necessary as well. There are times when you need to jive it tecnicalities of a certain concept into a news piece which will catch the attention of a news editor. You need to dazzle the client with brand new ideas of giving the company its share of voice in the media. That is just one part of it.
I find all this really fascinating. It's like I need to push my thoughts all the time. Sometimes, I tend to think overtime of things that don't matter (or not as important) but at work, thinking overtime, I would say is good. Because, when you are presenting an idea to a client, how do you ensure that it is fool proof? By thinking in every angle of course.
So, in the mean time, I am still playing catch-up with my other colleagues but I am determined to make it in the industry.
Cheers!

No comments: