Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Life is precious!

About two nights ago, as I was dozing off to sleep, my phone rang. It was approximately 1 a.m. and the caller I.D. displayed my sisters name and I knew for sure it wasn't good news!
My cousin's wife, in Kuching, passed away and the cause of it is still unknown. She experienced shortness of breath and collapsed! Two months earlier, she had delivered a lovely little baby boy. She was only 23.
This news was extremely upsetting for my whole family. We had just attended the wedding last December and to hear this shocking news all of a sudden was an emotional blow for all of us.
Personally, i was very disturbed and upset. It was a very sad day for me and having to get through the day at work seemed almost impossible. The sadness was rather unbearable. I felt a tiny jolt to my conscience....life is short and precious! We should appreciate every moment of it. Yes, we do say it every now and again but these sort of situations wake you up and force you the realise how very true it is. We should never take life for granted and even more so the people around us.

No comments: