Saturday, March 24, 2007

Attack of the sinuses

As usual, the change in weather between KL and Gentings has gotten to me! This time around it didn't involve me sleeping for 14 hours - I didn't have the time for that. I had a severe attack of sinusitis this week. My nose was blocked! And my only source of oxygen was by breathing through my mouth. This happened on Monday night, and Tuesday morning, I got call from a fellow HR Colleague, requesting for me to Emcee a function on Wednesday!!! So my next action was to seek advice of the doctor on my condition. I told the doctor that I use my regular nasal spray and that I need something stronger so I can Emcee the function on the next day. His response was,"anything stronger than this I would need to put you on steroids!" To which my response was, "No thank you." Fortunately, another fellow HR Colleague kindly stepped on my behalf as Emcee for the function on Wednesday night.
It's Saturday and I am just counting down the minutes till I can go back. My sinuses are a bit better, but usually get's worse at night. It's getting better...but very slowly. It's amazing how things tend to move so slowly up here at times...sigh!
Anyways, I live for the weekends. Everyone else has already begun their weekend, but mine starts after lunch today!
Cheers!!

No comments: