Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The power of thoughts

Thoughts! Very powerful I would say. Has the ability to help you make decisions and also keep from sleeping at night. Too often I allow it to take over my life. Letting it get the better of me. Confusion sets in just after that, then it makes you fickled at the same tine.
Lately I've been plagued by "what if's?" What if I didnt take this job? How much different life would have been. But then at the end of the day, i realised dwelling on stuff like this is a complete waste of time. Why sit and feel sorry for yourself when you can actually do something to make things better.
For example, for the pass few weeks, I have just been plain frustrated at work because things seem to be stagnant. At first, I procrastinated, and then realised, by doing so, delays are just getting more and more. So, I chose to do something - find alternatives, dig deeper and deeper until I reach a brick wall where I can't go further. As a result of that, things are moving, slowly but surely. Although progress is slow, but at least there is some progress.
At times you just need to be thick-skinend and act stupid. Ask why until you understand. I realised that pretending to understand something only leaves youself on the loosing. So, I don't care if people think I am silly or slow, but if i need to understand something in order to get the job done, I don't mind being the stupid one for 5 minutes.
So thinking too much isn't as bad as many people think. Look where my thoughts have led me......from negative to positive. But of course, never get carried away with it, then you'll just go insane....

No comments: