Tuesday, March 6, 2007

My Little Mishap

Last weekend was like no other weekend i've had. My usual Monday morning which was usually just wake up at 5 a.m. and drive all the way back to Genting was somehow interupted. I left my house on schedule, 6.10 a.m. and I was on my way. I thought I would take my time this time around so I was going about 70km p/h. Suddenly, just about 3 kilometres out of my exit on the Kesas, my bonnet flipped open and hit my screen!!! (the screen did not shatter) I was in the middle lane, and amazingly, my first reflex was to SLOWLY step on my brakes while looking in the rear view mirror for cars behind me, then I used my side mirrors, to slowly pull over at the side. My next step was to take out my phone and call someone, and I called the only person whom I knew to be awake at that hour. After I made the call, I was a bit shaken up, so instead of getting down on drivers side, I jumped over into the passengers seat and sat down for about 3 minutes before getting out of my car. My bonnet was plastered to my wind screen and I couldn't put it down, as it was dented. So I went back inside the car, and waited. While waiting, one of those Road Safety vans pulled up behind me, and three guys got down and asked me if I needed help. Then I explained to them what happened. The three of them assisted me, by helping put the bonnet down and closing it. It looked really badly dented, then once their work was done, they left. Of course I didnt call my parent immediately, they would have gotten a shock! So I slowly drove back home and pulled out outside my house. My dad came out, so did my mom looking very worried. Then I explained to them what happened. We made plans about where to send the car, and at the same time I informed my office that I had to take emergency leave. The damage: well i had to replace the bonnet with a new one as it was badly dented.
By the grace of God, worse did not happen. I am just glad that I did not crash into anything. I thank my lucky stars and all the angels watching out for me yesterday morning!

No comments: